Monday, April 19, 2010

Polystrein Concrete Blocks

Alien o el cine en familia

of young when my mother took us to the movies to my sister and me on their expertise to choose movies was anything but orthodox. I remember at my communion, after the meal with the family at home (not the time or celebrations banquet rooms restaurants), we went to see the four Aliens, the second part of Alien , none, indeed, had ever seen. What a movie for a fellowship, you say! The result was that I, with eight years and when the first alien an infected breast, I had to leave the bar of the film, and I stayed for the rest of the projection with the lady of the popcorn, because vision of this beautiful animal his way through blood and guts beat me. But my sister, smaller and more unconscious, was swallowed whole.


To me, however, the thing I had to leave very traumatized. Or maybe is that the trauma had its own catharsis, because years later, when the preteen saw the first part, and then we complete the second the two films became part of my favorite horror films, along with the saga of Shark. The continuously watched, mesmerized by that monster and this Sigourney Weaver had more cojones powerful even than the monster itself. And when they put on TV, the whole family came back to us to swallow again and again, as those who see a Disney classic.


Years later, with just 14 years, I saw Alien 3 in film, and left me cold cold. Too much intellectual baggage that I had then. I bought it, and saw several more times, some of them in the living room couch with my parents and sister. And if only to see Ripley again in action, we swallow it back together, closing his eyes when Ripley committed suicide to wrap up the series and the time of astral conjunction family. Because after the death of Ripley also died that way to see movies together everyone in the room, my sister and I were entering an age in which we began to shelter, especially me, in our own rooms, back to our parents.


So true milestone came with the fourth. When it looked like the trilogy was going to stay in that, in a trilogy, and after I was 19, was released Alien Resurrection. Which could wipe out all the frustration caused by this third rare rare, but today is considered a cult movie, no or glue stuck to the other two. The movie in which Ripley revived, and he did resuscitate a moment of mystical communion for the whole family.


I do not know how we agreed or why, but we still remember sitting in a row four in the film, my mother and my father aside, my sister the other, watching the credits of a film, that of Jean Pierre Jeunet , not only did not disappoint, but we did leave the theater, especially my mother and me, with a taste in my mouth and a twinkle in his eye like few other movies have managed. The film from Jeunet could also be visually different, the best and worst sense of the word, but the script was very well geared, and even now, with hindsight, you know is not up to the first two, and never become a cult film and the third, at least be honest that is a movie I keep seeing again and again and catapult me \u200b\u200bto that moment of communion with my family at a time, that of my 19 years, in which it was very difficult to get together, let most agree, the whole family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment