Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Where To Rent Prom Gowns Manila

Beethoven?

someone told me the other day. That the Emperor was too monumental. Preferred his first piano concertos. No, I said, those are too Mozart! Sure, I replied. And I, as we are with Mozart ...

For six years, from 12 to 18, I heard nothing but Beethoven , locked in my room (and yes, frikazo often was). Of rebound heard any Bach cantata, the Requiem of Mozart, Schubert Incomplete or Mendelssohn The Hebrides, but little else. Beethoven's obsession left little hole. This also coincided with the bicentenary of Mozart and the premiere of Amadeus . Mozart everywhere, and I scratching of anger that was not recognized that Beethoven was a thousand times better.

Now, years later, with the spotify on my computer, I'm back at it again. And I returned to the Emperor , for me, the best of Beethoven. The first movement is sublime, and I like even more than any of the symphonies. I would even say that is what I like about all the music I've heard in my life.

But today, exploring the spotify , I remembered Rachmaninov. In this concert n.2 for piano that once was the only thing that came to overshadow my obsession for the deaf in Bonn. Right now as I write this, I hear the third movement changed and am unleashed. And I think what Beethoven would have said if he had heard this? And I think that is one of the few things written after his death make him worth listening to. Of the few things that, without exceeding it, fall short of the great monuments of Emperor insult to others my astonished eyes. Because let's see, who may prefer to Mozart and beautiful chords handle this?:



0 comments:

Post a Comment